A collection of grade 1 reading worksheets on the topic of camping. 3 worksheets in total, with simple passages that will help build fluency in their reading and test their prepositions.
It is recommended students to have the ability to read words with digraphs. The majority of the passages uses a few digraphs to help them build up their pronunciation skills. To find phonics worksheets on digraphs, you can visit the link here.
Encourage all students to try their best when reading. Reading takes time to master, especially when it comes to new materials. Analysis the current capabilities of the student and evaluate what action to take. For example, if the student is new to the concept of reading, read along with them or simply read the story to them. For a more intermediate student, allow them to read independently, encouraging them to use their phonics knowledge to blend new words together.
- Scan the materials with the student. Allow them to make references to the picture to enhance their comprehension levels.
- Allow them to predict. Engage their imagination by allowing them to predict what happens next. Encourage them to practice this skill to enhance their creative thinking.
- Summarise and evaluate. Ensure that they understood the text and were able to retell the story without any assistance.
- Discussing the topic can further develop their critical and creative thinking. Discussion allows the teacher to engage more with their students.
- Encouragement and remaining positive is key. Young learners thrive off self-confidence. Build it up.
For more worksheets: http://www.mrgregenglish.com/mr-gregs-worksheets/
For teaching resources: http://www.mrgregenglish.com/teaching-resources/