Kindergarten Reading worksheets on the topic of Silly Ants. A short passage for young learners to practice their reading.
Table of Contents
Encourage all students to try their best when reading. Reading takes time to master, especially when it comes to new materials. Analysis the current capabilities of the student and evaluate what action to take. For example, if the student is new to the concept of reading, read along with them or simply read the story to them. For a more intermediate student, allow them to read independently, encouraging them to use their phonics knowledge to blend new words together.
- Scan the materials with the student. Allow them to make references to the picture to enhance their comprehension levels.
- Allow them to predict. Engage their imagination by allowing them to predict what happens next. Encourage them to practice this skill to enhance their creative thinking.
- Summarise and evaluate. Ensure that they understood the text and were able to retell the story without any assistance.
- Discussing the topic can further develop their critical and creative thinking. Discussion allows the teacher to engage more with their students.
- Encouragement and remaining positive is key. Young learners thrive off self-confidence. Build it up.
For more worksheets: http://www.mrgregenglish.com/mr-gregs-worksheets/
For teaching resources: http://www.mrgregenglish.com/teaching-resources/